Vedant Madane (1719)
1. Cropping Functionality for RecruitLive:
First the applicant captures his photograph using the webcam, then he can adjust the cropping window until his face is displayed prominently. After which he can click on the crop button. If everything looks good, he can click on the upload button.
The code allows the user to capture an image from the webcam and displays it in a cropping area using the Cropper library. After adjusting the cropping window, the user can click the "Upload Photo" button to retrieve the cropped image data and perform further actions like sending it to the server which in our case is uploading it to a storage service in our content delivery network.
2. Testing of Maha Labharthi portal with Prasad Bhoi sir:
Main observations were: the registration button is not immediately visible on the homepage. First we have to click on prerak login and then click on registration button to the right.
After selecting a yojana, scheme information contains links to external pages that give 404 Page Not Found Error. Example: Atal Pension Yojana.
- Registration button visibility: It's important to ensure that the registration button is easily visible and accessible to users on the homepage. Consider making the registration button prominent and easily identifiable. You may also want to consider placing it in a more intuitive location, such as the main navigation menu or a prominent section on the homepage.
- Broken external links: If the links to external pages within the scheme information are resulting in 404 Page Not Found errors, it indicates that the linked pages are either moved, deleted, or experiencing technical issues. To fix this issue, you should update the links to point to the correct URLs or remove the broken links altogether.
Here's a step-by-step approach to addressing broken external links:
- Identify all the affected links that lead to 404 errors, such as the Atal Pension Yojana link.
- Verify if the external page has moved to a new URL. If so, update the link to point to the new URL.
- If the external page no longer exists or the URL is no longer valid, consider removing the link or finding an alternative source of information to replace it.
- Regularly check and maintain the external links on the portal to ensure they are functioning correctly.
It's crucial to have a well-maintained website or portal that provides accurate and up-to-date information to users. Regular testing, monitoring, and fixing of issues like broken links can help improve the overall user experience and credibility of the portal.