प्रेक्षयातिपापिनोऽपि पापसिन्धुतारिणी ।
मां पुनातु सर्वदारविन्दबन्धुनन्दिनी ॥ १॥
1) May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, who saves one from having to enter the city of her brother Yamaraja, the sight of whom
enables the most sinful persons to cross the ocean of sin, and the sweetness of whose water charms the hearts of everyone, always purify me.
मां पुनातु सर्वदारविन्दबन्धुनन्दिनी ॥ २॥
2) May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, who decorates the great Khandava forest with a stream of pleasant waters, who is
filled with lotus flowers and dancing birds, and who blinds the terrible sins of they who desire to bathe in her, always purify me.
मां पुनातु सर्वदारविन्दबन्धुनन्दिनी ॥ ३॥
3) May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, a drop of whose water destroys the sinful reactions of the people, who creates a great flood of
confidential pure devotional service to Lord Nandananadana, and who brings auspiciousness to they who desire to live on her shore, always purify me.
मां पुनातु सर्वदारविन्दबन्धुनन्दिनी ॥ ४ ॥
4) May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, who divides the seven oceans and seven continents, who witnessed
many of Lord Mukunda’s transcendental pastimes, and whose splendor rebukes a host of sapphires, always purify me.
माथुरेण मण्डलेन चारुणाभिमण्डिता
प्रेमनद्धवैष्णवाध्ववर्धनाय पण्डिता ।
मां पुनातु सर्वदारविन्दबन्धुनन्दिनी ॥ ५॥
5) May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, who is decorated by the beautiful district of Mathura, who expertly protects they who follow the path of
loving devotional service, and who with the playful motions of the waves that are her arms offers respectful obeisances to Lord Padmanabha’s feet, always purify me.
मां पुनातु सर्वदारविन्दबन्धुनन्दिनी ॥ ६॥
6) May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, whose charming shores are decorated with many lowing cows, who is filled with
many splendid and fragrant kadamba flowers, and who is delighted to have the company of Lord Krsna’s devotees, always purify me.
मां पुनातु सर्वदारविन्दबन्धुनन्दिनी ॥ ७॥
7) May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, who is filled with the warblings of thousands of joyful mallikaksa swans, who is worshiped by the Vaisnavas,
devas, siddhas, and kinnaras, and the slightest scent of the fragrant breeze moving on whose shores stops the cycle of repeated birth and death, always purify me.
कीर्तितापि दुर्मदोरुपापमर्मतापिनी ।
मां पुनातु सर्वदारविन्दबन्धुनन्दिनी ॥ ८॥
8) May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, who is the famous, splendid, spiritual river flowing through the Bhuh, Bhuvah, and Svah
planets, who burns away the greatest sins, and who is fragrant with scented ointments from Lord Krsna’s transcendental body, always purify me.
त्वामनेन भानुपुत्रि! सर्वदेववेष्टिताम् ।
यःस्तवीति वर्धयस्व सर्वपापमोचने
भक्तिपूरमस्य देवि! पुण्डरीकलोचने ॥ ९॥
9) O lotus-eyed one, O daughter of Suryadeva, O rescuer from all sins, please flood with pure devotional service that person who, reciting
these eight prayerswith a cheerful heart, glorifies you, whose waves are pure and splendid, and who is accompanied by all the Gods.
इति श्रीरूपगोस्वामिविरचितस्तवमालायां श्रीयमुनाष्टकं सम्पूर्णम् ।
Thus is completed Shri Yamuna Ashtakam, eight verses about the river Yamuna, contained in the Stavamala, garland of songs book, composed by Shri Rupa Gosvami.